l

Follow It Please :)

Chapter 3 - Mistaken

When we finally got to Rico's car I was truly impressed.  He was driving a gray 2013 Mustang GT and it was sitting on some of the prettiest rims I'd ever seen on a car. I had to admit it looked nice even though I hate rims.  I was mesmerized by the beautiful appearance of the car.
"Damn Rico , this is the nicest ride I have ever seen." I spoke to him as he opened the door for me.  The interior of the car was nice as hell too and so clean.  The smell of the black ice car fresheners filled my nose as I looked at the beautiful shade of midnight blue on the seats with a wood grain dashboard and surrounding the stick and gear shifts.  I looked over and noticed "Rico" was stitched in the driver side head's rest. Damn this is so freaking amazing.
"Thanks. I invested hella money into this whip. It's my most valued possession." Rico responded as he climbed into the driver's side and put the key in the ignition.
"awwwww.. I was hoping I could be your most valued possession." I said sounding like a sad little girl as I attempted to partially joke and partially be serious with my phrase.
Rico stared at me then smiled "you could be." his brown eyes sparkled as the sun light came through the windshield.
I giggled. "First I need to know what kind of business you're into. You need to keep it real with me at all costs if you're gonna be my future husband." Did I just say that out loud?
Rico snickered. "yo husband huh? I like the sound of that." he leaned closer to me and my palms instantly grew sweaty. "but I'm a salesman princess. I do sales. and I get big bank for it. But tell me about that lil episode with that girl and her mother that went on , and about that hoe nigga from earlier." Rico said changing the subject off him as he finally pulled out the parking lot.
"Oh that nigga was my ex Tony. and the girl you saw was my ex best friend Kaylyn. Him and Kaylyn hooked up behind my back." I replied. I was so tired of talking about Kaylyn and Tony.
"Oh that nigga stupid for two reasons." Rico responded.
"How so?"
"One because he lucked out with the prettiest girl ever and two cuz he stepped to me wrong." Rico responded smiling making me blush.
♪ "Is it bad that I never made love? No I never did but I sure know how to fuck ..."♪ Bad by Wale blared through my S3's speakers indicating that I had a text.
"I was just going to ask did you have a phone. But I know the answer to my question now . " Rico smiled again." Would you mind blessing me with your number cutie?" he asked as he handed me his iPhone 5. Okay there's no doubt this boy is stupid paid. I typed my number into Rico's phone and then quickly searched for my phone in my unorganized purse. I hadn't had time to clean it out from the summer yet. Finally I retrieved my phone and saw that it was a text from Sonya. I decided to dismiss it for now. I was tired of interrupting my Rico time.

When we pulled into McDonald's drivethru , there was surprisingly no cars.
"I'll have a Big Mac , hold the sauce , and a large drink." Rico spoke into the speaker. "What you want princess?" he asked as he faced me. I guess that was his new nickname for me. But whatever , I love it.
"I'll have a hot fudge sundae , a McDouble , and a small fry. and my friend asked me to pick him up a Big Mac . Here's the money." I said handing him the money for me and Raymond's order. But Rico quickly pushed it away and shook his head then mouthed "I got this" before facing the speaker again.
"Make that two Big Macs , a McDouble , small fry , hot fudge sundae , and a large Coke."
"okay , that'll be $22.67 , please pull to the next window." the lady on the other side of the speaker spoke. Rico put the car in drive and pulled up to the next window and opened his wallet revealing hundreds, fifties, and twenties. A lot of them too ; his wallet was fat as hell. I need to invest in his kind of selling , but something tells me it's more to it. I'll get the full story later though, right now I'm just ready to smash.
"You want to listen to some music while we eat?" Rico asked as he pulled into an empty space in McDonald's parking lot facing the ocean. One of the pluses of living in California is there's a lot of beautiful scenery even on a cloudy , dreary day like today.
"Sure." I responded taking a huge bite out of my McDouble. I was starving.
"Let me play something I know you don't know about princess." Rico said scrolling through his iPhone's music playlist. Little does he know I'm the queen of music. I know hella songs , both new and old.
♪ "You fuckin wit niggas that's insecure. Watered down , my shit is pure.."♪  I instantly knew it was 2pac's "I Rather Be Your Nigga" and I began to rap along the words with Rico.
"Ohh , Okay Princess I see you know about real music." Rico spoke through laughs.
"Hell yeah. What you thought all I listened to was pop and R&B music?" I replied smiling.
"Yeah Kinda. You may know about old rap but what about this tho?"
♪ "I'm on a different set , you in a different book. Came a long way from your neighborhood crook. Bounce that ass baby , pussy wet , and she thick. Man I really mean it when I say she on my dick.. Oh-Oh she on my D-I so I C her wit the K.... " ♪ I got hype as hell when I heard "Benji" by Wooh Da Kid blast through the speakers. The bass thumped hard , vibrating my whole body , but it sounded amazing. Not like the raggedy shit everybody else rides around with , sounding like their speakers fenna fall out of their cars.
"Okay , Okay. You're too good to be true. I never met a girl who knew those songs. Something is different about you Aaliyah. I knew it, the moment I first seen you. Rico stated as he placed his hand on my chin making us look eye to eye. If he was going to kiss me I would not resist. "But Aaliyah I need to come clean about something." Rico hesitated. Of course , it's always something.
"Yeah , what is it Rico?" I asked as I tried to sound as sweet as possible. Even though in my head I was having a million negative thoughts racing through my mind. Maybe he got a girl already , or worse he got a baby momma. May be he killed somebody. or he's been to jail a couple times. I decided to stop thinking for the worst and just hear him out.
"You know when I said I was a salesman?"
"Yeah , what's up?"
"I am a salesman don't get me wrong. Just not a legal one. I sell weed , lots of it. But before you go off passing judgement it's for a good reason Princess." Rico looked at me trying to read my expressions. That wasn't what I expected at all , well kinda. where else did he get all these nice things from? But I still don't agree with his ways , I believe in getting the money the right way no matter what the cause is.
"Rico can you please take me back to school , I'm suddenly not feeling well." I lied. I didn't want to be in his presence any longer.
"I know this has something to do with what I just said , but please Aaliyah let me explain."
"Rico , there is no explaining. I feel as tho you could've found other ways to get money the legal way. You can still be a hustler without drugs involved. I have nothing more to say to you. Now just take me back to school." I stated before turning to look out the window.
Rico decided not to push me any further as his facial expression changed instantly to sad. He then pulled the car out the parking lot and headed back to school.
mobile='yes'/>