As I awoke this morning and went downstairs to the kitchen I noticed my parents still weren't home . I decided to go wake Chris up and ask him where our parents were." Chris wake yo ass up. "I yelled to him as I busted in his room. He was knocked out and even my yelling didn't wake him. "Chris wake uppp!!" I yelled once more. He must be really tired or something. I decided to turn on his sound system I knew that would wake him up. The look on Chris' face was priceless when he jumped out of bed as Tyga's 500 Degrees blared through the speakers and the bass pounded hard. "Aaliyah what the hell is wrong with you?!!" Chris shouted as he quickly ran over to shut the stereo off. "You ain't notice I was sleep?" he yelled through yawns.
"As a matter of fact I did , and I came in here to wake yo ass up. Why you so tired?? Usted no tiene la escuela?" I asked. Chris didn't really study his Spanish like mama and papa made me but he knows a little bit.
"Yeah I do have school. and it's none of your business why I'm tired." Chris then jumped back into bed only to be stopped by me yanking his arm to get back up.
"It's already 7:21 and I don't feel like dropping you off , I'm trying to get to school early today." I spoke as I thought about seeing Rico. I stayed on the phone with Rico all night , and I was definitely looking forward to seeing his face today at school. I've only known him for 2 days but it's just something about him, that attracts me to him.
"Please just let me sleep for 15 more minutes , and if you drop me off I'll give you gas money." Chris pleaded as he looked at me with the saddest puppy dog face.
"Okay fine. But answer one question why are you so tired?" I asked once more. I didn't mind taking Chris to school since it is only 10 minutes away from our school. I just didn't want anything extra to slow me down from seeing Rico.
"After Janetta left , we stayed on the phone til like 3 in the morning.. then after we got off the phone I didn't get to sleep til about 5..." Chris hesitated he didn't like telling me things but I feel as though he wants to tell me something now." I really like her Liyah , and she's the only girl to ever make me feel this way." Chris grew embarrassed as I stared at my brother speak such words. Chris was a heart breaker to these females since middle school I think it's rather sweet he finally found a steady girl he generally cares about.
"Awww that's really sweet , lil bro is enamorado." I spoke teasing him.
"Stop it I'm serious. I wouldn't say I'm in love with her , I just have strong liking for her. But I don't know how to tell her without sounding soft." Chris explained.
"I'm sure if she feels the same way about you , then she won't think of you as a punk. Just be real with her." I told him. That's what I need to do about Rico. My feelings for him are growing too fast for us not to be in a committed relationship and I need to make it clear to him how I truly feel.
"Okay thanks sis. now get out so I can go back to sleep." Chris responded pushing me out the door.
"I'm getting ready to get ready I'll be back in 15 minutes to wake you up. But where is mama y papa?"
"Viaje de negocios." Chris said before climbing back into bed. I guess he had been studying his Spanish a little more. But he has a lot of learning to do. And so do I. If mama and papa are on a business trip I'm pretty sure they are going to quiz me when they get back to see if I've been studying. I better get on it.
After dropping Chris off at school , I was so excited to see Rico. Usually I would never allow myself to get like this over a boy, but Rico was different. As I stepped into the school, eyeing for Rico, I noticed Tony coming towards me. Oh Lord, I do not feel like being bothered with him today , or tomorrow for that matter.
"What's up A? You coming back to me I see?" Tony spoke. I always hated his cocky ass attitude.
"Tony are you high or something? Cuz I don't see why in the hell you would think I want you back." I retorted as I pushed pass him to my locker.
"Whatever man , you know you want all this." Tony spoke as he wiped himself down like I was truly interested. All I know is he better get away from me before Rico comes over here and give him something he doesn't want.
"Seguro que hago tonto." I replied knowing Tony doesn't know what I just said.
"What did you just say to me?" Tony asked.
"It's Spanish for if you don't get the hell away from her I'ma numb yo jaw." Rico spat startling me as he came up behind me. He was always there right on cue.
"Ohh? It's you again? I thought I made it clear to you yesterday not to step to me again." Tony stepped around me and got in Rico's face. Rico is taller than Tony so Tony's has to look up at Rico's hardened stare.
"HA! Do you think I'm 'pose to be scared of yo pussy ass?! Lil nigga you don't know me. And I suggest you stop approaching Aaliyah, or we gone have some real serious problems." Rico's mug became angrier as he spoke his words and stood his ground with Tony in his face. A crowd was beginning to form and everybody I already know would be on Tony's side. Since he's lied so much to them, they think he the "god" of fighting.
"Man nigga, be easy. Aaliyah is my girl and will forever be my girl. You just some punk ass replacement. Now I suggest you step down to me or you gone fuck around and get hurt new boy." Tony spoke as he pushed Rico but not too hard. My adrenaline was starting to pump also, as I thought about the joy in seeing Tony getting his ass kicked by Rico.
"Hurt me then nigga." Rico said pushing Tony but harder. And then the fight was on. A bigger crowd had formed as everybody began to chant. I stood and watched cheering for Rico when I seen him dodging Tony's blows and returning the punches quite hard to Tony's face and chest. Rico got those hands I see. Rico threw one quick punch to Tony's jaw and it turned his face and sent him crashing to the floor. Everybody looked at Tony to see if he was alright but he wasn't moving. I decided we needed to get away from the scene and fast I didn't want my new boo getting suspended already. Tony's friends Jamarion and Robert helped carry their nigga away from the scene also. I guess they didn't want their boy to be suspended either. " This ain't over nigga." Jamarion yelled after Rico.
"Damn Rico , I ain't know you had hands like that. Did you use to box or something?" I asked once me and Rico were on the other end of the hall.
"Naa , I didn't. I just learned from fighting on the streets. It's not easy being a drug dealer princess. There's constantly niggas trying to rob you for your merchandise." Rico spoke informing me on the drug cartel business. Even though I had no interest in ever getting involved in that lifestyle I was still interested in learning more about it.
"So do you have a correa?" I asked. I was just trying to practice my Spanish.
"Sί , pero yo no lo uso a menos que tengo que." Rico responded. I was amazed he understood me and could respond to me. I was somewhat impressed by both his answer and his fluency in Spanish. "My dad was Puerto Rican and he and mi abuela use to speak Spanish to each other all the time. So I learned quite a bit plus I took Spanish every year they offered it at school. I am really fascinated with this language. I see you know quite a bit of Spanish too princess? I knew you had some Hispanic in you when I first seen you."
"Yeah I am. My mom is Puerto Rican and Cuban and my dad is Mexican and black." I responded. I'm always proud to share my heritage with others.
"Veo por qué eres tan sexy." Rico responded smiling. It sounds really sexy when he speaks Spanish
"Gracias. I truly appreciate it." I said now blushing.
"But princess I need to know one thing.. How do you feel about me?" Rico asked.
I grew nervous but I was taught to always keep it real and stay true to my feelings , so I decided to let him know how I was really feeling. Just as I was getting ready to tell Rico how I felt the warning bell rang and I seen students running trying to make it to class on time. I had totally lost track of time with the fight between Rico and Tony. And being with Rico nothing else matters. "Um , how about we continue this discussion after school since it's a short day? This could be our start over date , since the one yesterday didn't end to sweetly." I responded.
"Sounds good to me princess."