"I still can't believe Tony tried to play me like I was a fool." I said to my girls as I stopped on brakes at the red light in my burgundy Grand Prix. I decided it was time for relaxation and pampering and what better way to do it than with my home girls? Well at least I'm now free to mingle. I must've gotten lost in my thoughts because the now backed up traffic was starting to honk it's horns. I quickly pressed the gas and made a sharp right turn damn near rolling up on the curb.
"Girl, don't be tripping off Tony. As good as he looks you couldn't expect him to just stay faithful to you especially since you wasn't giving up the cookies." Kaylyn responded texting on her phone as usual. What the hell did she mean by that comment?
"Kaylyn you don't gotta give up the cookies to make a man remain faithful to you." I say using her language. I never refer to "my flower" as the cookies.
"Yes you do girl." Kaylyn responds again.
I look at her through my rear view mirror and send her an evil look. Sonya just stares out the window not saying a word, it seems like she's hiding something.
"Whatever Kay, that may be your opinion but not mine." I say as I pull into the parking lot of the spa and turn my car off. I decide to not press on in the impending argument between Kaylyn & I. I don't feel like arguing with her I just want to chill.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
After I left the nail place and dropped my girls off I felt so relaxed and my nails and feet were on point. I could barely keep my eyes off of them. Those Asians can seriously get down. I decided to head home and see what mama cooked. Mama is the best cook ever I swear. She puts her heart in the food she makes. As I get ready to get out the car I notice Kaylyn left her phone on my back seat. I grab the phone and head inside.
As I step into the house the smell of macaroni and pork chops with broccoli overwhelm my nose. My already growling stomach began to grow louder. "Hey mama , papi. I'm home." I called out to my parents.
"Hola mia, Estamos en la cocina." my mom responded.
"Okay. I'll be in there after I lavarse las manos." I responded working on my little knowledge in Spanish.
"Mia , you must practice your Spanish more." My mom yells back.
"Trato Mama." I respond. It's really hard trying to learn Spanish on top of school work. I know enough but it's not as fluent as my mom's and dad's. My mom is a mixture of Puerto Rican and Cuban and my father is black and Mexican. So I'm pretty tied to the Hispanic roots. Some people say I have a hint of an Hispanic accent but I can't hear it.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
After I'm done smashing on my mom's delicious food I finally head to my room. Dinner was sort of quiet tonight with my brother at his friend's house doing I don't care what. When I return to my room I decide to call Kaylyn's mom to let her know Kaylyn left her phone with me. As I scrolled through Kaylyn"s contacts in search for her mom's number a text message with the sender name "Tony♥" appeared on the screen. "I know this ain't the Tony I think it is." I thought out loud. "Naa, I know my home girl wouldn't do something like that." But I do have my doubts about Kaylyn she's always making references to how fine Tony is and how Tony could have any girl and all that. I decide to read the message just to clarify my doubts.
"So when we gone do it again?" the message reads. Oh shit, that must means Kaylyn is cheating on her man. But still no proof it's the right Tony. I decide to scroll up in the messages. Just when I thought my girl was actually my girl I read the message to make me second guess.
"Aaliyah would have never suspected you to be one of the girls I was cheating on her with." Tony's text read.
"Naa she wouldn't but I do feel kind of bad 4 treatin her like that. But boy u kno I can't help it. ur so dam fine." Kaylyn responded.
"Yea I kno. Was it stupid of me to come over to the table wit that hickey on my neck tho?"
"Hell yea , u almost blew our dam cover. I was so fuckin nervous I thought I might blow it myself"
"I'm sorry boo."
"Its cool." that was the last text Kaylyn said before she left her phone I assume. I was beyond heated at the fact that my home girl would do me so grimy. I got something in store for her ass tomorrow. I bet that's what Sonya was so silent about in the car. If that's so I got a few words for her too. Everybody should know Aaliyah Gonzalez is not a force to be reckoned with.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
When I arrived at school I seen Sonya and Kaylyn waiting in our normal spot. Perfect! But it appears Sonya is upset with Kaylyn, maybe Sonya isn't to blame here.
"Hey what's up A." Kaylyn spoke to me coming to me for our usual hug. But when she noticed the mug on my face she dropped her arms.
"You left this in my car bitch." I replied as I threw the phone at her face. It smacked her right in the forehead and I seen the tears began to form in her eyes. But I could care less, I feel so hot right now I could spit. "I read the messages from Tony. How could you do something so low Kaylyn?! I thought we was home girls. Was that one time pipe really better than our 3 year friendship. What were you thinking?!! Oh that's right, you probably weren't with yo' dumb ass. I never would've expected this out of you Kaylyn NEVER. I guess the saying is true you can't trust NOBODY!" I yelled. I felt some tears starting to form in my own eyes as my words sank into my reality. I can't believe I had been betrayed by someone I thought was my friend.
"A, I'm really sorry girl. I really am. I don't know what came over me. I didn't really want to do it. Tony forced me. "Kaylyn said as she let her forming tears fall. Oh hell no, did this bitch just lie to my face? I seen the texts she said to him. Last time I checked she couldn't help herself, it doesn't seem like he forced anything. Sonya just stood and she too began to form tears as she watched our "Dynamic Trio" fall apart.
I took a deep breath to save myself from slapping this bitch across her face "Kaylyn are you seriously going to lie to my face?"
"What are you talking about?" Kaylyn asked playing the dumb role once again. I'm starting to think it's not just an act.
"I read the texts. And I see how you always drool over Tony. You can't go a day without mentioning to me how fine he is or how lucky I am to have somebody so fine. Well how bout you and his "fine ass" go have a nice life together. 'Cuz just like Tony your ass is getting replaced." I spat turning away from her to hide my almost fallen tears. It hurts to lose a home girl, for real.
"But A, I'm sorry."
"I don't give a damn, get away from me before I kick your ass all up and down this hallway." With my last comment Kaylyn turned and walked down the hallway, Kaylyn may be tough but her strength is nothing compared to mine, especially since I'm boiling hot right now. I stood and contemplated on my words until I felt Sonya lay her gentle hand on my back.
"Sonya you knew the whole time didn't you?" I asked anger in my eyes and voice.
"Yes. I so desperately wanted to tell you but Kaylyn threatened to have some girls jump me. Please don't be mad at me. I snapped on Kaylyn for her actions earlier this morning right before you came over. Again I apologize for not telling you I just didn't wanna get jumped." Sonya replied tears streaming down her face and her Arabian accent heavier than usual. It always gets that way when she cries. I couldn't risk losing two friends in one day. I decided to forgive Sonya, but as for Kaylyn she's dead to me.
"I forgive you Sonya. You did it to protect your face." I said trying to joke with her as I pulled her in for a hug.
Sonya laughed as she wiped her tears. "Yes of course. You know I likes to look thee best." She replied smiling. It was time to head off to class which I really really wasn't looking forward to. As I speed walked off down the hallway I noticed my teacher Miss Jackson outside the classroom talking to a new student I suppose. I couldn't really see who it was because Miss Jackson was standing in the way. As I finally made my way to the door I saw the most finest boy I have ever laid my eyes upon. He stood about 6ft, light skin complexion, pretty brown eyes, and curly black hair that was sticking out from the hole in his snap back. If I didn't know any better I'd say he was a movie star. He was definitely my dream boy. I'm going to have to get to know him a little better for sure.