l

Follow It Please :)

Chapter 13 - No Worries

(Aaliyah's POV )

It had been a week since Rico sexy self had told me he loved me, and honestly I felt like our relationship was growing more and more. & With him working with me I never had to worry about James bothering me again. Yep, life couldn't be more perfect.
"Bae, you can come on to get me now." I spoke into the receiver of my phone. I was getting dressed for a day out with Rico, we was getting ready to go to the mall and later to the Fall carnival that was in town.
"Ok, but baby bring a jacket it's going to be chilly tonight." Rico responded.
"I know love, it's kinda chilly now. But get off this phone with me and get here sexy." I spoke in the bossy way Rico liked.
"Ok princess, I love you. See you in 15 minutes."
"I love you too Rico. Be careful." I stated before hanging up. Saying "I love you" to Rico felt soo good rolling off my tongue. It wasn't a forced statement, but more of a statement from my heart. I could see me spending my life with this boy, even though I've only been with him for a month. Which reminds me our one month anniversary is finally approaching. With all the bullshit, it seems like it took forever to get here.

*****************

"Bae what's yo favorite store?" Rico asked when we pulled up at the mall.
"My favorite store is Wet Seal™ I love all the clothes there." I spoke back.
"Oh okayy princess."
"What's yours?"
"I don't know, I haven't been here too much. Except for when a new shoe dropped, other than that I haven't really been clothes shopping; maybe once or twice." Rico responded.
"Oh well, today's your lucky day. I love to shop. So we going in damn near every store." I spoke back to him. He let out a sigh as he closed the door but he couldn't say no to me I already knew that.

I had bought hella stuff already and we hadn't even been here for an hour. My paychecks have been looking real nice so I decided to splurge on myself, after all I did deserve it. We walked into the jewelry store and I instantly fell in love with all the diamond rings. I looked at my barren left hand and I thought about how I couldn't wait til Rico gets down on one knee and presents me with one of those rocks or a better one, but that was a long time from now. I decided not to rush things, but let them play out how they should. After all what good is the relationship if we rush it?

"Bae, can we go eat? I'm starving." Rico asked as I still stared at all the jewelry on display.
"Yeah we can I'm kinda hungry too. What you wanna eat?"
"I was thinking some Chinese food, but it's up to you." Rico responded grabbing me from behind and hugging me tight. That always gave me the chills.
"I'm not really that hungry so I just want a pepperoni pretzel from Wetzel Pretzel™.." I responded
"What the hell is that?" Rico asked. Damn, don't tell me he ain't never got any Wetzel Pretzels. Not that I've gotten much from there either but the pepperoni pretzel is my fave next to the Cinnamon Bitz.
"You'll just have to see when I get mines." I responded kissing him on the cheek as we headed towards Wetzel Pretzel.
"I'll just stick to my Chinese food bae, if you don't mind." Rico responded chuckling. That was cool with me, I ain't gotta worry about sharing with him now.

After we left the mall it was like 4:00, but I didn't wanna go to the carnival just yet. Maybe wait til it's a little darker. I decided to see what Jason & Sonya was on. Maybe we can drop by Sonya's house for a few since it was along the way to the carnival.

"Rico, have you talked to Jason?"
"Naa, not since the other day. Why what's up?"
"I was wondering if maybe Sonya & Jason can come with us to the carnival or we can just drop by there and chill for a few. Just to kill time."
"Ohh, sure that's cool with me." Rico stated as he got on the highway & headed to Sonya's house.
"Heyy Sonni what's up?" I said as soon as Sonya answered her phone.
"Aliyzah you must be psychic girl, because I jest getting ready to call you." Sonya spoke back into the phone
"Oh really? What for?" I asked.
"I got a new boo girl, he's too fine." Sonya spoke back to me sounding geeked as ever.
"Oh that's what's up.. I'm happy for you. Me & Rico wanted to know what you & Jason were on for the night because we was gone come and chill for a minute then we were going to the carnival."
"Oh Jason isn't here. I don't know where that boy is, but it's me and my boo here ya'll can come over this will be a great time to meet him. Then we can all go to the carnival."
"That sounds great, we're on our way. See you then. Te amo." I spoke before hanging up.

When we finally arrived at Sonya's house, we seen a blue 2013 Malibu parked outside the house. The dude Sonya's with must have money or something because that car is pretty nice. And it was sitting on rims. It ain't nothing like Rico's car tho, he has the best ride in LA. Nobody was messing with him in my eyes.
"Sonya it's us." I yelled at the closed door hoping she would hear us. And she did because the door was opening up.
"Hiii Lizah." Sonya spoke pulling me in for a big hug like always.
"Hiiii." I spoke through her tight grip I couldn't mutter anything else.
"Hey Rico." Sonya spoke to Rico once she finally let me go.
"What's up." he responded.
"So where's your man?" I asked.
"He's in the bathroom right now. He should be out soon." Sonya responded smiling. This girl was too geeked to have just gotten into a relationship with this guy but hey I can't talk I know my heart was doing back flips when I got with Rico & I wanted to shout to the world that I was "Mrs. Santiago" but I didn't, that's not how I roll at all. We all stood there just making small talk until Sonya's new man stepped out the bathroom. He was a tall, cocky, dark skinned dude with dreads with a lot of tattoos. He was ugly to me, but if that's what Sonya's likes then hey I can't judge. I don't like dark skinned guys or dreads anyways, I like em caramel with nice hair, like Rico.
"Aaliyah, Rico this is my baby Charles." Sonya spoke as Charles put his arms around her.
"What's up Charles. Don't I know you nigga?" Rico asked.
"Yea you do. I bought a half from you one time." Charles responded chuckling.
"Oh yeah. What's up G." Rico spoke walking over to him to shake up with him. "That's my girl right there." Rico spoke pointing at me then motioning for me to come over. I didn't really want to get to close to Charles, I got some type of vibe from him. And my vibes about people are never wrong.
"Hello." I spoke, I didn't wanna be rude but I ain't wanna be friendly either.
"Aaliyah can you come help me pick out sum for tonight?" Sonya asked.
"Yeah sure let's go." I said a little more anxious than I meant to sound.
"Yeah, leave us men to talk about men things." Charles responded chuckling before taking a seat on the couch with Rico. Who the hell do this fool think he is?
"Girl isn't he gorgeous?!!!" Sonya squealed as soon as we got in her room.
"Honestly?" I asked.
"No, I knew you wouldn't approve." Sonya stated plopping on her bed.
"Naa chica it's not like that at all. You know I don't like los hombre de chocolate." I spoke trying to sound nicer about the situation.
"Entiendo." Sonya responded. I forgot I taught her a little Spanish.
"Yeah, but if you're happy then I'm happy for you chica and you know that." I responded with a wink. I decided to just drop my assumptions bout Charles for now just because he made my home girl happy.
"Girl, I have no clue what to wear." Sonya responded as she started throwing all her clothes on the bed. I looked at my outfit and thought I probably could've did better. I was rocking some gray leggings with black dog paw prints on them and a white fitted tee. With my light pink accessories I thought I looked pretty good until Sonya started throwing her clothes on the bed & it made me want to get more fancy, but oh well Rico likes my outfit so it's cool.

********************

After being at the carnival for about 2 hours I was dizzy and ready to go the hell home. I hate spinney rides and Rico was dragging me to every one. I didn't wanna ruin his fun but I had had enough spinney rides for one day. Maybe after I ate one of their delicious elephant ears I would feel better.
"Baby stay in line I'm going to use the bathroom. If you get to the counter before I return I want an elephant ear sundae thing." I spoke before kissing Rico's soft lips.
"Ok baby no problem." He spoke looking pass the long ass slow moving line at the menu.
The wait in the bathroom was long too, and I really had to go. Last thing I wanted to do was pee on myself in here. Finally, an empty stall was open. I quickly ran to it before I missed my chances again.

Once I was walking back to Rico I seen a girl standing there talking to him. Oh hell no, I'm fenna bust some heads in this bitch.
"Excuse me bae, who is this bitch?" I spoke to Rico once I reached them not even acknowledging her presence.
"She's nobody, she just came over here talking to me." Rico responded looking at me.
"Oh so now I'm a nobody Rico? You then got with this broad and then forgot who I was. But I know you just frontin pretend; how could you forget yo first time." The girl spoke. Oh hell naa.
"Hold up bitch, you need to take yo thrift store shopping ass back to under the bed where you came from before you get yo head split in twos." I responded stepping in the girl's face. She was medium complexion broad, with red ass weave, a gap, and she was rocking some cut off shorts, and a pink shirt half shirt that showed her pierced belly button and her nasty tattooed breasts.
"Thrift store shopping?! Bitch my wardrobe cost more than yo life. But hear my warning hoe, you may be Rico's current but I was his first time bitch and you NEVER forget your first time." She responded winking at Rico and then turning to walk away. My blood boiled and I felt my face turn red. I was getting ready to kill this girl, forget the witnesses. Without saying another word I ran up on her from behind and grabbed the broad by her tracks and pulled her to the ground. I began to punch her in the face as she struggled to get back up. I was not letting her get up. Just when I was really about to kill the girl Rico came over and grabbed me by my waist from behind and picked me up. But I still had the broad's hair in my hand, I was not letting go. & I was still punching her in the face. "Bae drop her. Come on!!! we gotta move around." Rico spoke. I let her go once I seen the security was making their way towards us. I could not get arrested; so me and Rico ran for the car.

"So she was yo first time huh?" I stated out of breath once we were safely in the car.
"Yeah, but I just want you to know she ain't mean nun princess. Just sex." Rico responded placing his hand on my beating chest. I didn't wanna hear that excuse, I don't believe in that. If you wanna have sex with somebody you gotta feel some type of way towards them. More than just a quick nut. That's just what I thought.
"So you ain't feel nun for the broad you just wanted to nut?" I asked, my breath finally returning to normal.
"I didn't nut, but yeah you can say that." Rico responded "She really didn't mean shit to me back then and she definitely doesn't now. You're the only girl for me Aaliyah. You ain't gotta worry about no broad from my past." He responded placing his hand on my face. I couldn't stay mad at him, I guess it's just in a boy's nature or something to wanna have sex with anybody.
"Okay, okay I believe you." I responded.
"Good, don't act like you ain't never had sex princess." Rico responded. What the hell did that mean?
"Excuse me Mr. Santiago, but ya girl is a virgin." I responded setting him straight.
"Really?" Rico asked surprised.
"Sί, why is that so hard to believe?" I asked.
"Because you so damn fine and thick and I just thought you would've had sex with somebody by now." He spoke I can tell he ain't mean no harm in his statements.
"Well no, unlike you I feel as though sex is something that should be between two people that care about each other. And I hadn't met anyone I've cared about enough to let take it." I responded.
"What about me? Could I take it?" Rico asked smirking in a sexy way.
"Maybe if you're a good boy." I responded kissing him.
"I'll take that as a yes." Rico responded as he kissed me again.
"So how I know you clean?" I asked half joking.
"I know for a fact I am, I've been tested before plus I've always used a rubber." he responded.
"Just asking. But how I know I'm not just a nut either Rico?" I asked him.
"Because I love you Aaliyah and I can see myself with you for the rest of my life, you make me feel different feelings I ain't felt for ANY girl, not even a 4th of it. You're somebody different plus if you were just a nut I would've been mad when you ain't give me nun that one day and I prolly would've cheated on you. But you ain't gotta worry about that either these hoes ain't got nun on you princess. & I put that on my life." Rico responded smiling. I found that really sweet.
"Okkk, I believe you for now Rico." I responded joking. We then climbed in the backseat to cuddle and be closer and watched the fireworks light up in the night's sky. I may not be Rico's first but it sounds to me like I'll be his last.
mobile='yes'/>