l

Follow It Please :)

Chapter 14 - From Bueno to Bad

(Aaliyah's POV)

It had been a week since I seen Rico's ex or whatever the hell she wanna call herself, but I wasn't able to get her out of my mind. I was ready to see her again and this time there would be no holding me back; I'm going full out rage on this hoe. I know it was the past and all, but she shouldn't have disrespected me, that's what I'm really mad about. I guess I'll have to get over it, because Rico's with me now and not her so I should have no worries.
"Baby I know you're not still mad about that girl showing up?" Rico asked me. Damn he was good at reading me.
"I'm not mad, I just feel disrespected by her." I responded.
"Man baby forget about her. She's worthless compared to you. And besides today is our one month anniversary and we don't need anything ruining our day. So get her off your mind & get me on it because it's our day." Rico responded grabbing my chin and forcing me to look at him. He was right I shouldn't be worried about her, I should just focus on a day out with my man.
"Okay baby I understand. Where are you taking me today?" I asked noticing we were driving to an unknown location.
"It's a surprise baby." Rico responded smiling.
"Okay then, but I thought we agreed we wasn't buying each other anything just yet?" I responded looking at him.
"I know what we said princess but don't worry about not getting me nothing." He responded smiling at me again. I smiled back but if he was getting me something I felt bad I didn't get him anything.
"Well this is the place.." Rico responded shutting his car off.
"Cafe La Boheme." I spoke. "Damn this place looks hella exquisite. It must've cost a fortune."
"Nope, that money is like change to me princess, come on let's go in." Rico responded taking my hand and leading me to the door. Good thing I dressed somewhat dressy, otherwise I'd feel completely out of place. Once we stepped inside the restaurant I was completely in awe. They had a huge chandelier in the middle of the ceiling. They had a lot of pictures of celebrities that must've dined here. Like, Marilyn Monroe, Antonio Banderas, Aaliyah, etc. It was truly beautiful in here.
"Damn baby, this place is gorgeous." I spoke to Rico giving him a peck.
"Yeah it is, this is my first time being here as well." he responded.
"Really? Then how you find out about this place?" I asked.
"YP Mobile." He responded chuckling. I laughed back a little more than I should have because the other guests began to look our way, but I didn't care.
"May I help you?" the hostess asked.
"Yes, reservations for Santiago." Rico responded.
"Right this way sir." she spoke leading us to the back. The people dining here look hella bougie and I can't stand bougie people. Which is why I'm glad Kaylyn is out my life. Since I beat up her friend I really haven't seen too much of her.That's cool with me though.

**************************************

"That meal was fye as hell, but I'm super stuffed." I spoke to Rico once we left the restaurant and was back in his Mustang.
"I know right princess. But now there's more." He spoke.
"Rico you didn't have to get me nothing." I responded but was still flattered that he got me something.
"I know I didn't have to. But I wanted to so it's a difference." Rico responded opening the glove compartment. "Here you are princess, I seen you looking at them the last time we were at the mall, so I thought I'd get you a pair." Rico spoke handing me a gold shiny box. I quickly opened it and noticed it was the name bamboo hoop earrings I had been staring at the whole time I was at the jewelry store. But except they were different. One earring said "Princess" and the other one said "Aaliyah". I was truly speechless.
"I know it's a little much for our one month anniversary, but you know money ain't a issue." Rico spoke to me as he stared into my eyes.
"Rico I honestly don't know what to say. I love them. And I love you." I responded kissing him.
"Good I knew you would. and I love you too baby, which is why I bought them." Rico responded.
"Now I have to get you something." I responded still smiling and looking at the earrings.
"No you don't baby. I don't expect you to. But you can if you would like, I ain't stopping you." Rico responded revealing his perfect teeth.
"Okay baby. But where to next?" I asked not ready to end our date.
"Wherever my princess wants to go." Rico responded starting up the car.
"I honestly don't care." I laughed. "I just want to be with you for as long as possible."
"Wanna come back to my house?" Rico asked.
"Sί, that's cool with me." I responded smiling.
"Okay baby." Rico responded jumping on the highway and headed to his house.

"Is momma here?" Rico asked Kalani when we got to his house.
"No she's not." Kalani responded.
"So she left you in the house alone?" Rico asked angrily.
"Yeah she did, I'm okay though." Kalani responded but I could tell she was scared at first. And I don't blame her I remember being 12 and home alone I was terrified and it was daytime, but she was here at night which was 2 times worse. I felt sorry for her and I understood why Rico was angry.
"Ok, whatever. you should've called me Kalani. I told you I don't want you staying home alone, especially since them niggas broke in last month. Next time just call and I'll be here in no time, you understand?" Rico spoke still angry.
"Yes Rico. I'm sorry." Kalani said sadly.
"I'm not mad at you. Come here and hug me." Rico spoke opening his arms for a hug. Kalani quickly ran to Rico for a hug. It was so cute to me. Rico was a great big brother, it warmed my heart.
"It's okay Kalani. We're here now. And we'll kick any monsters' butt." I spoke making her smile.
"Thank you Aaliyah. Are you still coming to my birthday party?" Kalani asked. This little girl was so cute.
"Yes of course. Am I still invited?" I asked her.
"Yeah you are." She responded.
"Then of course I'll be there pretty." I spoke hugging her.
"Ok." She spoke before running off to her room.
"I love your little sister, she's so nice." I spoke.
"That's what you think." Rico responded leading me to his room.
"What you mean?" I asked laughing.
"I mean she's sneaky as hell, she's just acting. Let her get to know you a little better you'll see how she really is." Rico spoke.
"I think you're just jealous, I like your sister more than you." I responded laughing as I sat on the couch.
"Is that so? Fine then you can get out." Rico responded laughing before heading into his bedroom. I decided to follow him.
"You know you don't want me to leave." I responded.
"Of course not." Rico responded before grabbing me by my waist and throwing me on his bed. Which was comfortable as hell.
"You bet not ever do that again." I spoke laughing and standing back up.
"Ok I won't." Rico said before picking me up again and throwing me back on the bed. This time he got on top of me. The smell of his axe deodorant filled my nose and it smelled heavenly.
"Why is yo fat self on top of me?" I asked laughing.
"You're right where are my manners. Ladies first." Rico responded before flipping us over and then I was on top. I liked being up here.
"You think you smooth huh?" I asked.
"Nope. But this is smooth." Rico spoke. before pushing my head down on his. And kissing me passionately before I had anytime to reject. Which I wasn't going to do anyways. I loved kissing Rico. Our kissing was interrupted when we heard a door slam closed.
"Who's that?" I asked getting off Rico.
"I don't know bae." Rico spoke before standing up.
"Ricoooo! Is you here?" I heard a female voice call out.
"It's my momma bae, come on."
"Yeah maa, I'm downstairs." Rico spoke as he quickly walked up the stairs and I followed behind him.
"What the hell are you doing in the basement? With yo lil sister up here by herself? And who the fuck is that?" She asked pointing at me. She looked like she was high off I don't know what but I could tell she wasn't in her right mind.
"Maa, this is my girlfriend Aaliyah." Rico spoke.
"Hello Mrs. Santiago." I spoke walking over to greet her.
"Hello. Anyways what I tell you bout being in the basement when I'm not here." She spoke not even looking at me.
"That's the thing. You should've been here. Why would you leave Kalani home by herself while it's dark out?" Rico asked growing angry again.
"Don't worry about what the hell I do. I'm grown. And yo ass should've been home any fucking ways. Not out running the streets with this little girl. Just cuz you got yo ass a girlfriend, don't mean forget about yo fucking sister. You're so inconsiderate." She responded looking straight at Rico; her eyes were red as hell.
"I'M INCONSIDERATE?! You must've forgot who you was talking to. You got yo nerve to call me inconsiderate, when you leave Kalani home all the time so you can go get high or sum shit. Kalani IS my little sister, not my daughter. But I take care of her wayyy better than yo ass could. You just deadbeat ass druggie. And you should really think twice before trying to call me inconsiderate. I do everything for you, and never do I get a thank you. And from now on don't ask me for NO MORE money, I'm done giving you shit. You can start paying me back too pronto." Rico yelled. I could tell he was furious. I was scared of what was going to happen next. People on drugs tend to go crazy, and do crazy shit.
"If yo daddy was here...." she started to say before Rico interrupted.
"If my daddy was here what? You wouldn't have to worry about taking care of us? You could just depend on him for everything? I wish pops was here, I miss when you were normal, not who you are now. Sometimes I can't even tell if you are the same person, I wonder if you're even still my mother." Rico stated.
"Rico.." She stated her tone more sad than angry, I guess his words hurt her.
"Don't Rico me, I'm fenna drop my girlfriend off. Bye. Come on Aaliyah." He spoke walking right past her. I followed and she finally looked at me. And I noticed a lot of hurt and embarrassment in her eyes. Then I sort of felt for her. Maybe she does want to change, she just doesn't know how to curve her addiction.
"Rico slow down.." I called after Rico. He was in the car in 10 seconds and I was just getting out the house.
"I can't wait to fuckin get out this house." Rico spoke to me, he was still heated.
"Rico relax. You really hurt your mom's feelings." I responded.
"I don't give a damn. She deserve everything she fuckin gets. She gone call me inconsiderate? What the fuck? I give her crack head ass money everytime she asks, I do everything to keep Kalani happy like that's my fuckin daughter, and this is what the fuck I get? Fuck her." Rico spat. I seen tears form in his eyes before he turned away from me.
"Rico it's okay to cry and be hurt. I understand. But..."
"You understand? How the fuck would you understand what the hell I'm going thru? Yo life is fuckin perfect, you don't understand so don't say that shit." Rico snapped this time I seen the tears fall.
"Wait a damn minute, I'm tryna be here for you. But you wanna snap on me? I ain't do nun but be nice to you and be there for you whenever you need it. And you treat me like this?"
"I ain't ask for yo sympathy. I don't need it. I don't need no fucking body." Rico spoke as he pulled up in front of my house.
"Ok Rico. I'ma pray for you forreal." I spoke before slamming his car door. I can't believe he said that to me. I need to have a talk with God about this forreal. Because I'm totally confused.
mobile='yes'/>