(Rico's POV)
Shit, I don't think I should've been so hard on Aaliyah, after all she was just tryna help. I was just so fucking mad tho. I'll just call her tomorrow, because right now it is 12:05 and I think she may be sleep.
"Rico are you awake?" I heard my mom speak out as she knocked on my bedroom door.
"Yea. what do you want?" I responded. I'm still mad at her.
"Can I please come in?" she responded. Her voice sounded sincere now, not angry like at first.
"Yeah I guess." I responded sitting up in my bed. I knew she must wanted to talk.
"Mijo I'm sorry if I embarrassed you in front of your company." She spoke taking a seat on my queen sized bed.
"Ok it's cool." I responded flatly.
"No seriously. I am sorry, but for more than just embarrassing you. I'm sorry for disappointing you, I'm sorry I'm never there. I'm sorry I'm not myself anymore. I'm just sorry for a lot." She responded as I heard her sniffle. I turned on my lamp and I seen fresh tears form in her eyes. I haven't seen my mom cry in a long time, well not since my pops passed.
"It's okay maa, I understand." I responded.
"It's just when Antonio died I didn't know how to cope. That was my first and only love. I thought that if I stayed high I would never have to feel the lows. I didn't know I was developing an addiction so strong I would neglect my kids. When you said what you said to me earlier it made me realize you were hurt by my actions which made me snap out of it. I never wanted to hurt my kids. I love you guys so much. Plus I know if Antonio was here he wouldn't like what I was doing anyways, so I know I must've hurt him too. I just hope you still love me enough to understand that I want to change I just don't know how." She spoke looking me straight in my eyes.
"I will always love you maa. Everybody makes mistakes. But if you really want help why not look into rehab?" I suggested.
"I don't know. I wouldn't wanna leave you two alone by yourselves."
"No offense but you've been doing it for the past 4 years." I responded.
"Oh yea I guess you're right. Well how bout I do go to rehab get cleaned up and be the mother I'm supposed to be how that sound?" She responded smiling. That was the wisest shit I've heard her say in 4 years.
"That's cool maa, don't worry bout us I'll take care of Kalani, plus Aaliyah will help I'm sure." Which made me think I should gone and call her now.
"Oh yea Aaliyah. Apologize to her for me. And if it's cool with her. I'd like a chance to redeem myself. But it's been a long night so take your ass to bed mijo and I'm fenna do the same. Buenos Noches." My mom responded before getting up and closing the door. It really has been a long ass night, and I am tired. I'll just talk to Aaliyah in the morning.
The next morning I awoke with Aaliyah heavily on my mind. I need to call this girl right now, I don't wanna wait no longer.
"Hello." Aaliyah spoke as she answered the phone on the first ring, she must've wanted to talk to me too.
"Hey bae." I responded.
"Oh hey." she said flatly. Damn I guess she ain't wanna talk to me.
"No hey bae, or baby.. Just Oh hey." I said messing with her as normal.
"What do you want Rico? I was sleeping." she responded with real attitude, not a playful attitude like I intended.
"I want to apologize to you for last night bae. I hope you can forgive me." I spoke sincerely.
"Huhhh, look Rico you keep doing this to me. You think you can just say whatever you want to say to me, and be done with me one day and then expect to get me back the next. I'm not some type of light switch that you can turn on and off. I love you Rico and if you gone continue to take all yo anger out on me and stop talking to me all the time then maybe we're not meant to be." Aaliyah responded. Her words cut deep.
"Look Aaliyah it's kinda hard for me to control my anger. I don't be meaning it. I just be needing time to cool down." I responded
"Well one day you're gonna take a little too long Rico. I can't keep going thru this with you. You never try to hear me out. And if I do one little thing wrong you're done talking to me just like that. I love being with you and all but I can't take the fact that you can just stop talking to me so easily. It's only been a month and you've done it twice. I wonder how many more times you're going to do it Rico. You don't understand how much that hurts me." She responded, I could hear the sadness in her voice.
"Aaliyah I really am sorry forreal. I ain't mean to hurt you, I was just hurt myself. But I promise I'm going to work on controlling my anger and stop getting so mad to the point I just ignore you. Can you please just forgive me?" I asked hoping I could get thru to her.
"Yea I guess Rico. I forgive you. But you got one more time then I'ma beat yo ass." She responded playfully. I then knew she really did forgive me.
"Yea sure. You could never beat my ass little lady. But what are you doing?"
"I was sleep. Until yo fat butt woke me up. Now I'm just laying here."
"Oooh, can I join?" I asked
"Nopee. You been bad." She responded laughing.
"Fine then. But guess what bae?"
"What?"
"My mother is going to go rehab soon so she can get cleaned up. We had a talk about it last night."
"Ohh! That's great. When is she going?" Aaliyah responded sounding enthused.
"I don't know I have to ask her. I'm just happy she tryna change."
"Yea me too. But am I gone see yo culo gordo today or no?" She responded talking shit as usual.
"You want to?"
"Naa I want to."
"Iight I'll be there to get you like 12 punk ass."
"Ok bae. See you then."
"Ok I love you."
"I love you too bae." She responded before hanging up.
*****************************************
"So what you wanna do today?" I asked once Aaliyah got into my car.
"Whatever you want baby. I honestly don't care."
"Okay, well my mom left for rehab today and she's going to be gone for 2 months. And when she gets back I'ma surprise her and take her to Fright Fest at 6 flags. And of course I want you to be there princess." I spoke as I pulled out her driveway.
"Okay that's cool with me."
"You wanna go to the beach bae? It's a nice day outside. Not too hot, or too cold just beautiful."
"Yea that sounds nice. I haven't been to the beach in awhile."
"Well to the beach it is."
♪I'll show you how to tote that tool, make that double. Better be cool you don't want no trouble. Keep it leanin' to the left. My gat stay cocked, I'm always super clean when you see me on the block. Keep my money in a knot with a rubber band on it. Blow the marijuana, know I got it if you want it. See me standin' on the corner, slangin' that crack. You know how it is to be the man in trap♪ T.I.'s old song 'Da Dopeman' came thru my iPhone's speakers. I knew it had to be Jason. That was both our ringtones for each other since we first start coming up.
"Aaliyah can you answer that for me."
"Yea Bae. Hello?"
"Oh he can't speak right now he driving Jason."
"Put him on speaker phone bae." I replied.
"Aye watup my nigga." I spoke
"Shit man I just got jumped and shit."
"Man slap it." I responded slamming on brakes at the red light a little harder than expected.
"On the G man. Where you at?" Jason responded.
"I'm in traffic G. Where you at?" I asked.
"I'm on 53rd bruh, come thru this way and I'll explain." Jason said hanging up.
"Bae we gotta go get Jason." I spoke
"Ok I know I heard." She responded as she turned the music back up.
I busted a U-turn and headed back to 53rd. Whoever jumped my nigga got sum coming they way forreal.
"Aye nigga you iight?" I spoke when I hopped out the car and seen Jason.
"Yea I'm straight. Them niggas robbed me for the work tho."
"Slap."
"Onna Boss man. I think it was Tony punk ass and his lil bitch crew again."
"Man hell naa, the way we had them niggas shook they knew better than to pull some shit again."
"Yeah you prolly right but I swear it looked like them muhhfuckas. I couldn't really tell they had on masks. But anyways what ya'll on?"
"We was heading to beach."
"Shit can I come too homie?"
"Sure nigga, come on." I responded as we began to walk to the car.
**********************
"Aye ya'll I'm fenna go look for a bitch to fuck. I'll catch ya'll later." Jason spoke the minute we arrived at the beach.
"Iight homie."
"That nigga crazy." Aaliyah spoke between laughs.
"Yeah he is. But that's the bro for you." I responded as we walked around the beach.
"Oh hell naa." Aaliyah spoke as she stopped in her tracks.
"What bae?" I asked stopping also.
"There go yo lil girlfriend, Kaylyn, and that broad Kareema. It's too many broads I hate here." She responded. I then looked where she was looking and noticed them making their way over to us. I seen Aaliyah ball her fists up like she was ready for a brawl with whomever.
"Oh isn't it a pleasure seeing all the Canker sisters here together." Aaliyah spoke.
"Whatever bitch ain't nobody got time for yo irrelevancy." Kaylyn spoke. Her stomach was still almost flat but you could tell she was pregnant because she had on a bikini showing it off.
"Oh I see that they let yo punk bitch ass outta jail Ms. Kareema. And I guess the saying is true, birds of a feather flock together. But in this case it's punk ass bitches get they ass whooped together." Aaliyah responded chuckling. I see these bitches didn't put any fear in my baby's heart. I loved that.
"This bitch is always jaw japping. I guess she'll never learn her lesson." Torianna (my ex) spoke.
"What lesson did you teach me hoe other than what not to do in a fight." Aaliyah responded stepping to Torianna. It was getting ready to go down again.
"Listen bitch I suggest you get yo short ass out my face before I whoop yo ass. You caught me slipping last time. But this time I'm whooping ass." Torianna spoke getting closer to Aaliyah.
"Oh? you mean like this?" Aaliyah spoke throwing the first jab at Torianna's nose. And then the fight was on. After Aaliyah threw the first punch she began throwing multiple punches until Torianna grabbed Aaliyah by her hair and pulled her to the ground. But Aaliyah still wasn't going. She quickly got on top of Torianna and began to punch her again and again. Aaliyah finally got up and began stomping her face. "You gone whoop who ass bitch? Ya'll bitches want some too?" Aaliyah stopped to speak as she looked at Kareema and Kaylyn. Who quickly shook their heads no.
"That's what I thought. Let's go bae I had enough of these punk ass bitches for today." Aaliyah spoke turning away from Torianna, Kaylyn, and Kareema. I looked back to see Torianna lying on the ground coughing up blood. I must admit Aaliyah got those hands.
***********************
"You sure you wanna be in the house alone with me while my mother gone?" I asked Aaliyah before I opened the door.
"Yeah. Why you gone rape me or sum?" She asked laughing.
"I would never do that." I responded. But in my head I was thinking yes I would. She keep teasing me. There's only so much a nigga can take. But I would want her first time with me to be special not forced.
"Sure you wouldn't. You be trying to already. How I know you wouldn't?" She responded.
"Truth be told princess I would rape you. But not anytime soon. I don't wanna rush you." I responded.
"What if it wasn't rushing me? And it's just what I want." Aaliyah responded looking at me sexually. I didn't know what was about to happen but whatever was fenna go down I was ready for it.
"If you want to. I'm ready.." I responded.
"I know. I was just speaking hypothetically tho. So relajarse su pene." Aaliyah responded as she sat on my couch and turned on the TV.
"Whatever pretty lady. You the one who got me thinking about it. That's exactly why I would rape you." I responded laughing.
"It wouldn't be rape tho. But anyways I wonder who jumped Jason." Aaliyah spoke as she tried to change the conversation.
"I don't know. And whoever it was better hope it remains a mystery."
"What if it was Tony and them?"
"Well then we gone have to shake them pussy niggas up again. This time requiring more physical damage." I spoke.
♪I'll show you how to tote that tool, make that double. Better be cool you don't want no trouble. Keep it leanin' to the left. My gat stay cocked...♪
"Watup nigga." I spoke into the receiver.
"Aye bruh I just handled some business."
"What you mean?"
"I went by that nigga Tony crib and got to bussin right? Let's just say I don't think that pussy nigga gone be messing with us nomore." Jason spoke
"You mean as in he's dead?" I asked.
"Shit what you think man? But I gotta go the ambulances and cops and shit is everywhere & I ain't tryna get pulled over why I got sum work and the heat on me. Bye." Jason spoke hanging up the phone. Damn he ain't have to go and kill him was all I could think.
"Bae guess what?" Aaliyah said as she scrolled thru her timeline on twitter.
"What?" I asked.
"Tony got shot and is in critical condition in the hospital. He might not make it." She spoke.
"How you know?" I asked.
"I seen Kaylyn's tweet on the timeline. That shit crazy." She spoke.
"You don't even know the half of it." I responded. Knowing that my nigga could just take somebody's life without feeling bad really made me think differently.
-To BE Continuedddddd...........(: