-Rico's POV-
*Continued*
"What you mean I don't know half of it?" Aaliyah asked. "Do you know more to the story or something?"
"Yeah I do bae. Jason is the reason for this." I spoke.
"What do you mean? He shot Tony?" She asked confused.
"Yeah." I said. I couldn't even believe the words I just said. I can't believe my nigga could take a life like that. He ain't even know if it was him. I ain't like the nigga but damn he ain't have to die.
"That's some shit forreal. But there's no changing the outcome now. It's fenna be hella more shit now though forreal. Tony's older brothers and uncles are actually gang members and once word get out to who shot they brother it's going down for your nigga forreal. And I don't want you involved bae, so I'ma need for you to stop associating with Jason." Aaliyah spoke with a look of concern.
"I understand. But that's like blood I can't stop fucking with him. That nigga did make a stupid choice tho." I responded.
"I'm not asking for you to stop fucking with him completely baby. Just until this shit blows over. Just keep yo distance. I don't want you getting caught up." Aaliyah responded placing her hand on my leg.
"Okay bae that's understandable." I respond looking into Aaliyah's eyes. She shows true concern for me.
"Yeah baby. I love you and the last thing I want is to lose you." Aaliyah said still staring at me. Her big brown eyes are so beautiful.
"You never have to worry about losing me baby. And I love you too." With that being said I grab Aaliyah and pull her in for a passionate kiss.
***************************
The next morning I awoke with last night's events still on my mind. I don't know what to say to Jason but I do have a few words for him. Aaliyah's right maybe it is time for me to stop hanging with him, he does bring me nothing but trouble.
As I begin to straighten up my room I feel my phone vibrate in my pocket and pull it out hoping it's Aaliyah, but judging from the time on the clock I know it can't be her, it's much too early for my baby to be up. I look at the screen and notice it's Jason.
"Hello."
"Watup Nigga, you tryna blow some loud this morning G?" Jason automatically says.
"Naa I'm not." I respond
"Why not bruh I got this gram I'm tryna blow thru with you. I need to clear my head." Jason responds again.
"Huhh. Bruh you don't get it do you?" I ask
"What's there to get blood?"
"You took a nigga's life."
"Yeah so?" He asks.
"That's a big deal bruh rather you realize or not."
"Don't tell me since you got with that lil broad Aaliyah or whatever the fuck her name is you became a pussy. This ain't the Rico I know." Jason spoke his cold words like it wasn't shit.
"I'ma act like I ain't hear that shit. You a cold ass nigga forreal I thought we was like blood."
"Shit I thought so too, until you started acting like a bii.. pussy." Jason stopped and changed his words. He knows not to ever call me a bitch. Jason is my nigga but he admits I can still whoop his ass if need be and he's pushing me to that point.
"Call me that shit one more time bruh. Don't forget I can still whoop yo ass." I spoke growing angrier by the second.
"Whatever Cuz. That lil bitch got yo mind shook."
"Aye bruh don't you ever in yo life speak on Aaliyah like that and that's on my dead daddy, she ain't just some bitch. She's the girl I love. And it's time you did some growing up. Since being with her I can admit I may have become a little soft that's only cuz I wanna live long enough to have a life with her. I thought going to jail would've shook yo dumb ass up but yet you still the same dumb mother fucka and it's time to wake up and realize where you headed bruh. I'm not one for religion and God and shit but I know there's something better than this shit. It's time we headed our separate ways cuz forreal." I spoke.
"Yeah I guess so, because you turned into a little pussy."
"I said call me that one mo time and watch what the fuck gone happen to you. I'll show you who the real pussy is boy." With that last threat I hung up. I jumped up and looked through my dresser looking for something I wouldn't mind getting fucked up because I was fenna whoop Jason ass. Just to show him who the real pussy is. Just as I threw on my beater my phone begin to vibrate again but this time it was my baby.
"What's up baby. Good morning." I spoke tryna sound calm but I knew I didn't.
"Good morning baby, why you sound so pissed?" Aaliyah asked sounding concerned.
"Um, me and Jason got into it and I'm fenna whoop his ass real quick just to remind him who I really am." I spoke
"Honestly bae do you really wanna whoop his ass? You guys have been friends for so long." Aaliyah asked reminding me of the former bro I used to have.
"Yeah this is just what us niggas do. I just gotta give him a little reminder." I spoke throwing on my timberland's and lacing them up.
"Okay baby. Call me when it's over. I love you."
"I love you too baby." I spoke back. It's just something about that girl that can change my mood in .5 seconds.
**********************
"Open the door." I spoke as I knocked on Jason's door.
"What the fuck you w...." Jason started to say before getting interrupted by the quick jab I laid on his nose sending him to floor.
"Still think I'm a pussy?" I ask grabbing him off the floor and hitting him again. He then pushed me off of him hard enough to make the front door slam, and he charged at me this time hitting me in the nose. I cracked him a few more times before I sent him back to floor just when I grabbed him by his beater to lift him back up to continue whooping his ass, Mrs. Mustafa, Jason's aunt and Sonya's mom, appeared from their kitchen.
"Boys, Boys, Enough. You two have been friends for a very long time. Whatever you're fighting over can be settled please stop. This is no way for friends to behave." She spoke as she broke us up.
"I'm sorry but with all due respect Mrs. Mustafa Jason needs his ass kicked, he's gotten away with too much." I spoke mugging my ex bro still lying on the ground as I stood up.
"Well I hate to see you boys fight. I'm too old to be breaking up your fights now. It was okay when you guys were younger but enough is enough. You two are damn near grown and need to behave like grown folks and have a civilized conversation instead of just fighting each other. You two do this shit all the time and I am tired of it." She spoke again. I guess she is right. Me and Jason have fought a lot. That's just how we settle things I guess.
"I guess you're right." I responded looking at Jason, who was now starting to get up.
"I know and I'm serious." She stated before turning to leave.
"My fault bruh for calling you a pussy." Jason stated breaking the tension between us.
"It's cool man."
"Naa forreal. I guess I'm upset because I'm losing my bro."
"You ain't losing me cuz, I'm just tryna be off that shit we used to be on. After you went to jail I started to think about changing my life, then I met Aaliyah which only put my thoughts into actions." I spoke thinking of Aaliyah's beautiful face. That girl is my weakness.
"Forreal, I wish I had what you had bruh. And after taking a life last night. I wanna change too. I think I wanna get saved." Jason stated shocking the hell out of me.
"WHAT?" I asked
"I wanna get saved. I know it's better shit out there than what we do cuz. I wanna know Allah like Sonya know him. Maybe he can help me."
"That's some real shit. I was thinking bout it too. But I don't think I'm ready." I spoke.
"I feel you. But I wanna change before it's too late and that's the truth. One day I may not wake up." Jason spoke making me think of my father.
"I feel you. So from now on we officially out the game." I spoke shaking up with Jason.
"Yeah bruh. Now all I gotta do is find a ride or die chick with a fat ass and wife her and I'm living the life bruh." Jason said chuckling.
"Why you think I'm so happy with Aaliyah?" I laughed.
"No disrespect but yo girl is a dime bruh. You got yoself a good ass loyal ass girl." Jason stated shaking me up again.
"Thanks bruh."
"Hold up bruh." Jason stated pulling his phone out his pocket. Jason face immediately turned into hardened gaze as whatever words the person on the other end filled his ears.
"Put it on speaker." I spoke.
"Yeah guess what pussy. You killed the wrong mother fucka. Bet you don't even know who this is." The voice spoke on the other end of the line. It sounded hella familiar.
"You betta be lucky I don't bitch." Jason spoke back.
"Whatever nigga. you ain't shit. I know the real you pussy." The voice responded. Who is this nigga? Cuz I swear he somebody we know.
"Whenever I find out you better pray I'm in a good mood G cuz I got something for you." Jason spoke.
The voice began to laugh as Jason hung up the phone.
"So if Tony didn't rob you who the fuck did?" I spoke.
"I'm not sure but I think I got an idea." Jason responded. I think I got an idea too but I'm not sure and I don't wanna make any accusations. For now I'm fenna head out and spend the day with my baby. I need to clear my head and she's the best way to do it.