l

Follow It Please :)

Chapter 18 - Some Shit

A week has past since me and Rico first had sex, and everything was still going good, but I decided to take a break from chilling with Rico and kick it with my home girl Sonya. I hadn't seen her in a few days.  I decided we should just have a pamper day.
"Hey Sonya what's up?" I asked as soon as I heard her answer the phone.
"Ohh..umm nothing." She replied. It sounded like she was hiding something.
"I'm fenna come over and pick you up so we can go get our nails and feet done, so get dressed." I spoke
"Um..I don't really feel like going out tonight Liyah, but thanks." She spoke sounding a little depressed.
"Ok, well I'll just come over to see you. I miss you girl." I spoke back.
"Oh, I miss you too. But that's okay I don't feel like chilling." Sonya spoke back
"Okay, now I know some thing's wrong. You can't keep lying to me."
"There's nothing wrong, I swear Liyah. I'm fine." She spoke. I could hear the sadness in her voice.
"Ok Sonya."
"I have to go now Liyah bye." Sonya said before hanging up in an abrupt way. Okay now something is most definitely up. I'm going to just drop by anyways just to see what's really up with her.

**************

I finally arrived at Sonya's house, traffic was so damn heavy. I got out the car and walked up to the door. I noticed a car in their driveway that I've never seen before. I knocked on the door, before realizing I had a key to Sonya's house. I stepped in and heard screaming and crying.. I quickly ran to Sonya's room to see Sonya was laying on the bed and Charles was standing over her with his fists balled up.
"SONYA!" I screamed making my way over to her. I noticed her eye was blackened and her lip was busted. I quickly turned to face Charles who still had a scowl on his face. "What the fuck is your problem? You better not place your hands on my best friend again."
"Or what?" He spat, face still enraged.
"I'll beat the life out of you." I spoke as I stood up. Compared to his 6ft ass, I looked inferior. But my hits will have as much venom as my words, and I meant what I said.
"We'll see about that." He spoke before hitting Sonya again. I quickly pushed him against the wall and began to start throwing blows to his face. I thought I was doing something until he grew angrier and grabbed my little ass by my neck and choked me up against the wall.
"You shouldn't have never gotten involved bitch."
"Charles STOP, GET OFF HER!!" I heard Sonya scream but it was nothing I could do.
"Get the fuck off my girl, bitch ass nigga." I heard Rico spat. He always shows up right on time.
Charles dropped me and quickly turned to Rico, who looked like he was fenna kill Charles.
"Awww, came to rescue your girl I see." Charles spat. Rico didn't hesitate he quickly charged at Charles and tackled him to the floor sending multiple blows to his face, until his nose began to bleed. Rico stood up "Get yo bitch ass up and fight me. You like hitting girls huh? How bout you fight a real nigga bitch!" Rico spoke before sending a kick to Charles' ribs. "Get up bitch." Rico spoke before cracking Charles again. He then helped him up and squadded up with him. "Hit me nigga." Rico spoke his veins popping out his skin. I've never seen him so angry. Charles swung on Rico and missed, Charles was too dazed to do anything. Rico threw another shot to Charles' jaw, breaking it and sending him crashing to the floor knocked out.
"Baby are you okay?" Rico asked as he walked over to me and helped me off the floor.
"Yeah I'm fine baby." I spoke back as we walked over to Sonya who was just sitting and crying
"Sonya how long has this been going on?" I asked as I placed a hand on her back.
"He just started behaving this way about a month ago. First it started with him being sexually aggressive, then he became physically abusive. That's why I missed so much school. I had busted eyes and swollen lips, I didn't want you to know Liyah. I was scared. Besides I just wanted what you and Rico have." Sonya spoke through tears.
"It's okay Sonni, you should've told me I could've saved you from this monster. You never have to suffer physical abuse because you "think" you love someone." I spoke as tears formed in my eyes. I was sad I didn't check on her sooner. But all my time had been focused on Rico, I guess I lost touch with my best friend.
"And Charles and his friends were the one who jumped Jason and robbed him, not Tony. I wanted to tell Jason but Charles beat me and told me he'll kill me if I did." She spoke as she looked at Jason, who arrived to the scene late.
"What the hell happened here?" Jason asked. And as I began to tell what I saw Charles' unconscious body began to shake and foam started coming from his mouth.
"What the fuck wrong with that nigga?" Jason asked as we all stared at Charles.
"Somebody call 911, I think he's having a seizure." Sonya spoke.
"Fuck that; Rico drive him to hospital. I can't witness another death scene." Jason spoke.
"The fuck? I don't wanna drive no dying nigga to the hospital." Rico spoke back.
"Well we better do something, otherwise we're all victims and witnesses to this crime." I finally spoke making them realize the trouble we could be in if Charles dies.
"Iight, Jason help me put this man in the car. Girls meet us at the hospital." Rico spoke as they lifted Charles off the ground.
*****************
We sat in the waiting room to see if he was dead or not. Not because we cared, just because we ain't want this bullshit to be on our records. The doctor who was operating on Charles came out to talk to us.
"Ok guys, your friend Charles...."
"Not our friend." Jason interrupted.
"Shut up, let him finish." I spoke
"Well we found out that Charles had been using steroids along with a heavy amount of PCP." The doctor spoke. "That's what triggered the seizure he had, along with the blows he took to the face. He has a broken nose, jaw, and 2 of his ribs are fractured. Mr. Charles however is in a coma right now, and most likely won't remember none of his actions, so in order to write a police report we're going to have to hear the story."
We all looked at each other, unsure of what to do until Sonya spoke and began to tell what happen over the past month. The doctor looked surprised and frightened. "Miss, I'm going to have to ask you to come with me. Because it sounds like you're a victim of rape so we need to get you tested for STD's or pending pregnancy." The doctor spoke as he led Sonya back to the testing lab. It seems like it's always some shit in our lives, but we still gotta count our blessings.
mobile='yes'/>