Two weeks had passed and luckily, Sonya's results for pregnancy and any STD's came back negative. Those two weeks felt like forever. We were all on edge. Charles had came out of his coma some days later and had been charged with rape & drug abuse; he was sentenced to 13 years in jail. Which is where he belongs. Sonya's bruises healed and so did her heart. Things were finally starting to go back to normal.
"Damn, I'm freaking starving." I spoke while biting into my Whopper
"Well you have some food in your hand so calm down lil lady." Rico spoke to me as he sipped on his large drink
"I've been hungry a lot lately. With no weight gain. I find it kind of weird." I spoke eating my ketchup drenched fries.
"You're not pregnant are you?" Sonya asked as she bit into her chicken sandwich
"Girl let's not even began to worry about that. We just had a nerve racking two weeks we don't need anymore things to worry about." I spoke with Sonya's thought heavy on my mind now. My eating habits had increased and so had my sleeping habits and my body has been so sore it's ridiculous. But I quickly brushed those thoughts away. Surely they could be anything.
"Yeah that's true. So for now we're just chilling." Jason spoke as he put his arm around his new girlfriend Catalina. She was a chocolate tone girl with long black hair and hazel eyes, she was a mix of Jamaican and Creole and she was very gorgeous. she was cool as hell too. Me and Sonya only really hung out with her once without Jason and she seemed to fit right in with us.
Just then our bonding moment came to a screeching halt as Kaylyn and her "new clique" walked in. I looked at her as she looked at me before she rolled her eyes. Her baby bump was definitely starting to show but she didn't mind; she had on a crop top & some camo pants. Not an outfit for an expecting mother.
"Hi Kaylyn" I spoke to her, because this chick was definitely still mugging me
"What's up." She responded
"Everything's all good this way." I spoke
"Anyways why are you even speaking to me? You know we aren't home girls anymore." She responded coldly
"Well that's because unlike you, I'm far from petty and besides you looked like you wanted to talk the way you kept mugging me sweetheart."
"No, I don't wanna talk to you. I have friends. I'm not desperate." She spoke but I could tell her words were lies.
"Okay Kaylyn enjoy your lunch." I spoke back not wanting to argue with this broad anymore. I was definitely off that shit from two months ago. I just wanted to chill with my friends with no drama.
*******************
It took me forever to pick out my outfit for tonight. I didn't like anything I put on because it made me look fat or so I thought. And even the outfit I'm wearing now I still don't like. But I decided to go with some snowflake print black and white leggings and a pink button up shirt with my little brown boots. I thought I was okay, nothing too spectacular.
"Bae why do you look so zoned out? What are you thinking about?" Rico asked me as he paused the music. We can never hear each other over the loud slam he has in his car.
"I'm fine baby. I don't know what you're talking about I'm just sitting here enjoying the bass." I lied. Secretly I had been thinking about being pregnant since Sonya asked me at Burger King earlier.
"Are you sure love? You can tell me anything you know that." Rico asked with a concerned look in his eyes.
"Ok, well honestly when Sonya asked me was I pregnant it got me thinking about if I really am." I spoke staring at Rico.
"Don't worry baby, I'm pretty sure you're not pregnant. We used a condom every time."
"Well what about that time when it broke?" I asked.
I could see Rico grow nervous as he thought of it. "Don't worry about that either, there's a minimum chance that you are. So cheer up baby, and enjoy you're night with your husband. I didn't plan a romantic evening for nothing." He spoke kissing me. Yeah I guess he was right, I shouldn't worry, besides that was almost 2 weeks ago.
The next day Me, Sonya, and Catalina decided to go to the mall and to the spa later on, just to have a girls' day out.
"So Catalina how did you and Jason meet?" I asked.
"Honestly, we met at this party some time ago. And we were always just friends and then one night when he came over we expressed our true feelings for each other and yeah well we got together then." She spoke as she sipped on her pink lemonade.
"I wish I had somebody to love." Sonya spoke sadly.
"Don't worry Sonya. You're so pretty any dude would kill to have you. And speaking of which there's a guy who I think is definitely checking you out." I spoke as I chowed down on my chili cheese fries.
"Where?" She asked looking around frantically.
"Don't make it obvious girl. But he standing in line at Sbarro's." Catalina spoke also spotting the guy I was speaking about. And he was Sonya's type forreal.
"I'm going to go talk to him. How do I look?" She spoke spinning all around letting her long hair spin with her.
"You look great girl." I spoke and she does. I'm happy to see she recovered from that horrible relationship she was in with Charles. And I'm glad everything is returning to normal. Everything feels good to be drama free for once let's just hopes it remains this way.