As I turned over and looked out into my bedroom, the sun was shining brightly, birds were chirping loudly, and my LCD light was blinking on my s3 so I knew I had some unread messages to check. My mind quickly thought of Rico as I unlocked my phone and went to the message. Sure enough it was from Rico. I missed him , we had been up til like 4 in the morning just texting and getting to know each other a little better. Rico had a rough childhood and he's seen a lot ; I decided it was my job to let him see the better side of life. Today he's going to take me and pick me up from work so we can chill a little bit more. I love the idea of being Rico's. I decided to head to the kitchen and cook me something small , before I got ready for work. My parents still weren't back. Hopefully they'll be back tonight. I miss my mom's cooking. Don't get me wrong I can throw down but my mom is wayyy better than me and I like food better when I don't have to cook it.
Work seemed like it was going to be a slow day. And to my discomfort James was working the same shift as me. James has a huge crush on me and he doesn't care who knows. But I never liked James ; I actually find him appalling. I need to set him straight though , now that I'm Rico's , before he does it himself.
"Hey sexy lady. I like those braids on you , they make you look even sexier." James stated coming to the front to bother me as usual .
"James , look I don't mean to be rude. But I'm taken and I would highly appreciate it if you backed the hell back. And stop trying to flirt with me. I'm just letting you know before my boyfriend has to tell you himself , and he's not going to be so polite." I spoke. I can tell my words didn't sink in with James , because he began to smile widely.
"It's okay sweetheart , I know you're just playing hard to get. You know you're my girl." James stated putting his arm around me.
"Boy I'ma give you 5 seconds to remove your arm from around me , before I remove it from your body." I spoke. He removed his arm , luckily he knows about my infamous fighting record. "And for the record I was never your girl but in yo dreams. And keep flirting with me James , and you gone find yourself running across some problems." I stated sounding like Rico a little. Oh hell no , this boy is already rubbing off on me. I smiled as I thought of him. What was happening to me?
"Whatever Liyah , I'm not worried. I'll never give up on you. You'll come around eventually." And with that last statement James walked back to the back to do I don't know what I was just relieved he was gone.
After work I was glad to see Rico's mustang pull up. I basically ran out the door. "Hi baby." I spoke as Rico got out the car to open the door for me.
"Hey sexy lady , I don't get a kiss tho?" Rico asked smiling. I walked over and planted a big kiss on him before getting in the car. I turned to face the store and I seen James looking out the window with an envious look. But I can care less. I was with my baby. "So where you want to go princess?" Rico spoke following my gaze to the window as he made eye contact with James. I looked at Rico hoping to regain his concentration on me. But I didn't succeed. "Who the hell is this nigga looking at ?" Rico asked.
"Baby , don't mind him. That's James. He's had a crush on me since I started working there this summer."
"I don't give a damn , he needs to know you're my girl." Rico spoke taking the keys out the ignition. Oh gosh what was he going to do ?
"Bae , he knows already I told him today." I spoke trying to stop Rico in his tracks but it was no luck , that boy was too strong for me. Before I knew it we were back in Subway and Rico walked right up to James without so much of a warning.
"Aye nigga , I just want you to know Aaliyah is my girl. And if you ever try to flirt with her , I'll rearrange your face. Do I make myself clear ?" Rico spat.
"Yeah man , I really don't want no trouble." James spoke looking scared. I told him , my boyfriend was not going to be so polite.
"Iight man. I don't want to hear nothing about you trying to get on with her." Rico spoke stepping away from James. Luckily that's all Rico did , after seeing how he whooped Tony's ass yesterday I was scared myself for James. James is a lame wannabee , and I already know Rico would've done some serious damage to him.
Once we were back in Rico's car I decided to exchange some words to him. "Baby , look you can't just go around beating up everybody." I spoke as I faced Rico , while he put the key in the ignition.
"Yeah , I know. But I don't want anybody looking at or talking to what's mines." He spoke back as he pulled out the parking lot. I liked his jealous demeanor , I found it rather cute.
"I understand. But you just gotta trust that I won't do nothing. And what them other dudes say or do , shouldn't matter as long as I'm not entertaining them back. Which I won't do. Soy tu mujer." I spoke as I seen a grin began to form on Rico's face.
"I know y todas las minas." He spoke back as I began to smile. I leaned in to kiss his soft lips again. "But you never told me where you wanted to go." Rico spoke after our lips departed.
"First I need to go home, shower, and change my clothes out of this uniform then we can decide." I spoke as Rico busted a U-turn to head back to my house.
"Okay princess , can I watch you change ?" Rico asked winking.
"No , slow your roll. We just got together." I spoke. I would like for him to watch me but I'm far from easy so that won't happen.
"Okay , I respect that." Rico responded smiling. I was glad he did. Last thing I needed was another nigga constantly pressuring me about sex , I got enough of that with Tony.
After I showered, I went to my room to throw on something nice but not too dressy. I settled for a black see through button up , with a black Cami underneath , and khaki pants , with my all black J's to match. I made sure I smelled good for my night out with Rico. I then emerged from my room and strolled down the hallway into the living room to a patiently waiting Rico.
"Damn princess you look sexy." Rico spoke getting off the couch and making his way over to me.
"You like ?" I asked in a flirty tone.
"I love." Rico said pulling me in for a make out session. I loved the feeling of being in his strong arms.
"Okay , Okay Break it up you two." Chris said coming from downstairs I had no idea he was here.
"Chris!" I yelled ; he startled the hell out of me.
"This must be the infame Rico." Chris spoke. How the hell does he know about him ?
"Yes I am , who are you ?" Rico chuckled.
"I'm Chris. Aaliyah's cooler younger brother. I heard Aaliyah talking about you in her sleep." Chris retorted. My face grew red with embarrassment and anger. I had no idea I was talking about Rico in my sleep , but I did have a dream about him.
"Oh really ?" Rico laughed.
"Yes , she ...." I cut Chris off before he could say another sentence. "Chris I suggest you go back downstairs before I whoop yo ass." I spat.
"No es mi culpa que estás enamorado." Chris spoke unaware that Rico knew Spanish.
"Chris I suggest you leave." My face was still reddened with rage and embarrassment.
"He doesn't have to leave princess , I think he's cool." Rico spoke smiling.
"See , somebody appreciates my jokes. Plus I don't want to be in this house alone." Chris spoke. Even though , Chris may be annoying , that's still my little brother , and I need to make sure he's safe.
"Okay Chris , I'll tell you what .. You give me $20 and I'll let Janetta come over when we leave." I spoke a lot less angry and embarrassed.
Chris face lit up when I said Janetta's name , and I knew this boy had it bad for her even if he was only a freshman. "Okay , Deal." Chris handed me the $20 & quickly retreated to the basement , probably to call Janetta.
"Come on Rico. We don't want to be late for our movie." I spoke as me and Rico made an exit for the door.
Once we were in Rico's car , I noticed Rico laughing. "What's so funny baby ?" I asked.
"Oh nothing , I was just thinking about when Chris said you were talking about me in your sleep. You didn't tell me you had a dream about me princess." He spoke smiling and turning to face me.
"Was I suppose to ?" I spoke back also smiling.
"I mean yeah , I guess." Rico laughed.
"Okay , whatever Rico. Just start the damn car." I said trying to avoid the convo , I didn't want to tell Rico about my dream just yet.
"Ok , you're the princess." He spoke as he made his way out the driveway.
After we were done watching World War Z , it was still rather early and I wasn't ready to end this date just yet. Just when I thought today would be perfect I heard someone call out behind us. "Well , Well , Well .. If it isn't the new boy and Aaliyah." We both turned to face who it was , and it was none other than Tony. Why the hell this fool keep popping up ? He was with Jamarion , Robert , some girl and Kaylyn.
"I thought I taught your ass a lesson back at school." Rico spat already growing angry.
"Apparently not." Tony looked bad from their fight yesterday , his eye was swole , and it looked like it hurt for him to talk. But what still shocked me the most was Kaylyn was there. She still refused to make eye contact with me. I wanted to settle this now.
"Oh hello Kaylyn." I spoke to her , but she still didn't look up. "I know you're not deaf; you hear me talking to you." I spoke again causing her to look up and a nearby crowd stop and watch the impending action.
"Can't you see she doesn't wanna talk to you Aaliyah? Why are you so desperate?" The girl who was standing with Jamarion spoke. Who the hell is this broad ? Rico and Tony stopped arguing and turned their attention to me and the other girl.
"Excuse me trick , I honestly don't think I was talking to you." I spoke turning my attention to the unknown girl.
"Well I'm talking to you." She responded. She must not be from our school or something , because she would've known not to get slick with me. I heard "oooh's" arise from the crowd.
"Escucho Puta , I suggest you shut the hell up. Why are you speaking to me anyways I don't even know you? This is between Me and Kaylyn."
"I'm stepping in for Kaylyn because she can't fight since she's pregnant." The girl spoke. Everyone began to look at her mouth agape , including me , and their whole little crew looked like they wanted to kill her especially Kaylyn.
I began to smirk then chuckle. "Oh Kaylyn , tell me this ain't true. I know you ain't get pregnant by this fool. I thought you were smarter than that ? I guess you're not smart at all." I spoke. I was really disappointed in my ex home girl forreal . I seen Kaylyn began to let more tears fall . I sort of felt bad for her. People that had no business knowing , knew her business.
"Why does it matter to you Aaliyah?" Kaylyn finally spoke , her tone was cold.
"I don't know , it just does. You were my home girl." I spoke my tone softening.
"Well do me a favor and just leave me the hell alone , my decision is my decision. And last I checked we aren't home girls , so mind yours." Kaylyn spoke. Did this bitch just try and check me in front of everybody? Oh hell no.
"Kaylyn you're right. I can't believe I was ever so tight with a broad so dumb as yourself. I hope your baby turns out smarter than you and his or her bitch ass daddy. Have a nice ass life you fugazi puta." And with my last comment I walked out the movie theater followed by Rico. I had enough of this tired scene, I was just going to enjoy the rest of my night with my baby.