When I awoke this morning, I was ready for whatever nonsense was going to be thrown my way today. It was Monday, which meant my true home girl Sonya was coming back from suspension , I was going to see my boo, all though I had seen him both Saturday and Sunday , my parents were finally coming home tonight , and it was a new week, with new bullshit awaiting. It was a rather cool day so I decided to go with my floral leggings and peach colored shirt , with my light blue jean jacket. I put my kinky twists in a high ponytail and put a white bandanna around the edges of my braids to match my white rhinestone flip flops. I wasn't really hungry this morning so I grabbed a cereal bar and some vitamin water and was out the door.
First hour was a breeze , we had a sub so me and Rico just caked all hour. Second hour on the other hand , we had a pop quiz on Wednesday , Thursday , and Friday's notes ; which I accidentally left at home. Luckily Rico had my back. Third hour wasn't much either. And now Rico is walking me to 4th hour , which is Drama. The class I have with Sonya & Kaylyn. After Saturday I didn't have much to say to that bitch , but since she had been talking stuff on twitter about our little run in at the movies I had a few words for her and I know Sonya does too. Luckily Rico had this class with me also because I was going to need a getaway after the drama.
"Aliyzah !!" Sonya said bombarding me the minute I stepped into the drama room. I hugged her back very tight , I had missed my girl.
"What's up girl. I missed you." I spoke through our tight hug.
"I missed you too." Sonya said finally releasing her grip. Rico stood looking at us waiting for my attention again.
"Hey, aren't you Jason's cuzo ?" Rico spoke when Sonya turned to face him.
"Yeah , what's up Rico ?" she spoke.
"How you been ? You heard from Jason ?" Rico asked putting his strong arm around me.
"Yeah , he said he's going to call you soon , but I don't how soon." Sonya spoke.
"Iight cool. I got a surprise for my nigga." Rico chuckled.
"Okay good. But you better be treating my girl right." Sonya winked at me.
"Of course, I'ma always treat her like the princess she is." Rico spoke kissing me on my cheek making me blush and smile.
Our bonding moment was put on halt when the wicked witch from the hood came in: Kaylyn.
"What's up Kaylyn ? Care to finish what was started ?" I spoke not giving her a moment to chill. This girl needed to be checked and fast , she's not going to talk slick on twitter without me acknowledging it.
"I don't have time for the pettiness Aaliyah , I had enough of you retweeting all my tweets over the weekend." Kaylyn spoke eyeing the room for Tony I suppose but he wasn't here.
"Well trick you should've thought twice before popping slick over the Internet." I spoke. I sounded hella ghetto but oh well , I've had it with Kaylyn.
"Whatever girl, you lucky I'm in my predicament or I'll beat yo ass myself." She retorted. That's the cockiest I've ever heard her get with me. Just then the same girl from the movies walks in. By that time everybody is standing and watching even our teacher Mr. Johnson is watching to see what's getting ready to happen.
"What's up bitch , didn't expect to see me so soon huh ?" The girl spoke as she pushed me. My ears turned red hot , and my adrenaline boiled. It was getting ready to go down. I returned her push , with a push too. I stood and waited to see this girl's next move. Everybody gathered around to see me throw hands with the mysterious broad. Rico stood edging me on. "Beat her ass bae." he spoke and that was the only thing I needed to hear. I threw the first punch to the girl's nose which she counter acted with a blow to mines which I dodged and threw another this time to her eye. She grabbed me by my hair and started to punch me in the back of the head. Oh no, I don't bang that way. So I grabbed her by her shirt and threw myself and her to the ground and I began to punch her repeatedly until I seen blood pouring. By that time I was hearing people tell me to stop , but all I could see was her and red from my rage. I continued to punch her in the face. Until I felt Rico lift me off of her. My rage simmered when I felt his touch. "That's enough bae , you won." He said into my ear calming me even more, my vision was back to normal. Mr. Johnson helped the girl off the floor but she stumbled and then collapsed again. "Somebody call the nurse." he spoke out. When I was fighting her I was unaware of how bad I was truly beating her up. I took a quick look at her face and saw nothing but blood, a busted nose, busted lips, and swollen eyes. Did I really do that much damage?
**********************
Finally work was almost over, I had been expecting Rico to come here to visit me at work but I guess he got caught up in his business. It was finally time for me to clock out, and just when I thought I wasn't going to get any heat from James today he comes to the front to bother me. "Hey Aaliyah , you forgot something." he spoke. Maybe he wasn't bothering me after all. I turned to face him and just then his lips met mines. What the hell ?
"What the fuck is this!!!? And I thought I told yo bitch ass to stay away from Aaliyah." I heard Rico call out. Oh shit!!
"Rico baby , I know what it looks like, but it's really not what you think." I spoke as I tried to grab Rico's arm but he snatched away from me and charged at James. He cracked James once then he grabbed him by his shirt and threw him to the floor, then he began to stomp his face. James' glasses were broken and so was his teeth.
"Bae stop ! You're going to kill him." I spoke grabbing hold to Rico's arm.
"Oh I guess you're taking up for your lil boyfriend huh?" He spoke turning to face me.
"No, bae he's not my boyfriend. You're my boyfriend and the only one I want." I spoke. My voice quivered.
"Whatever Aaliyah save it. I seen what the fuck is really up."
"But Baby..." I began to speak but was cut off by Rico.
"But nothing, I thought you were different Aaliyah but I guess not. Fuck you." Rico spoke as he turned and hopped back into his Mustang and sped off. I looked at James lying in the floor coughing up blood and teeth; I wanted to kill him, but he had enough damage done to him as it was. I decided to just leave. As I got in my car I felt tears form in my eyes as I let them fall. I needed to let Rico know what really happened but I'm sure he didn't want to hear it. Rather he wanted to hear it or not, I was going to tell him one way or the other.