l

Follow It Please :)

Chapter 9 - The Truth

I blew Rico's phone up with a million texts saying "I'm sorry" and that "we needed to talk so I can tell him the truth" that night. But he never replied to any of them. Then the next day at school I had to sit in the office until it was time to go home from beating up the unknown girl so I didn't even know if he was there. Then when I got home he still wasn't replying to none of my calls or texts. I never been so desperate to talk to somebody. But I at least feel as though if he wants to end it , let him end it with the truth and not based on an assumption. Now I'm here still sitting in this office for the second time in a row. Gosh, when am I going to get out of here?? I decided to dress bummy since I had no one to impress anymore, and no one could see my outfit due to me sitting in this lame ass office. But better sitting here than sitting in jail like the other girl was doing. I don't feel sorry for the broad though, she shouldn't have came up to our school , tryna scrap with me. It's her fault her ass in jail with a busted up face. My thoughts trailed off to when I was with Rico when everything was all good. I know I'll text Sonya and see if Rico's here.
"Hey Sonni, have you seen Rico?" I pushed send and laid my s3 on the table I was sitting at. Sonya replied almost immediately.
"No he's not here, he went to Atlanta to bail Jason out :) I thought you knew. You guys aren't talking? :/"
No wonder I haven't seen him or he hasn't replied , he's probably been busy in court with Jason.
"No we're not talking and I really need to tell him something face to face. Do you know when he'll be back?"
"Yeah if everything goes good, him and Jason will come back tonight."
"Okay talk to you at lunch." I replied before Principal Gregory walked in.
"Ms. Gonzalez, do you know why you're in here?"
"Yes , I do. But it really wasn't my fault." I spoke pleading my case. Principal Gregory was a new principal so luckily he doesn't know about my notorious fighting records.
"Whose fault was it then Ms. Gonzalez, because whenever there is a fight you have two choices. Either stand and fight or walk away." Mr. Gregory spoke taking a seat. I know he wasn't telling me to start backing down from any fight. Well that may work for him , but me on the other hand I will never look like a punk.
"With all due respect Mr. Gregory but I can't just back down from a fight." I spoke.
"Well Ms. Gonzalez you're going to always find yourself in a lot of trouble, and the older you get the more trouble you're going to get into. You need to understand every battle isn't worth fighting. Sometimes you automatically win by walking away. This fight between you and Kareema Lions was a perfect example of two young ladies making a bad decision. Now Ms. Kareema is in jail and you're sitting here in the office when you could be in class learning some new information."
Mr. Gregory was right I much rather be in class than sitting in this boring ass office with these office staff all up in my grill.
"I hear you Mr. Gregory. But it's Kareema's fault she's in jail not me. She had no business getting into stuff that had nothing to concern her. This was between me and Kaylyn Jones." I spoke.
"Is that what all this is about more with Kaylyn? Look Ms. Gonzalez, I see a lot of potential in you so I'm going to just let you off with a warning this time, but please take my advice. Here's your pass to class." he spoke as he stood to hand me my blue pass to get into class.
"Thanks Mr. Gregory and I will." I spoke before leaving out the office.
"We'll be seeing you again." Ms. Brooks, the main office secretary spoke to me. Why is this broad always hating? She's too old and too big to be hating on me all the time. I decided not to respond, now was the best time to put Mr. Gregory's words into practice.

**********************

When I got home I decided to call Rico once more.
"Hello?" He answered on the second ring.
"Hello Rico, do you want to talk to me now?" I asked in a sincere voice.
I heard him huff loudly "Sure Aaliyah , what you want?" he spoke, his voice was still cold .
"Are you still in Atlanta? Because what I really want to say I want to say to you in person." I spoke
"No I'm back and I'm on my way to drop Jason off at Sonya's house."
"Would you care to meet me at the beach?" I asked.
"Sure Aaliyah. But I gotta go. I'll be there in about 15 minutes." He spoke before hanging up. So much as him forgiving me he didn't even utter a proper good bye. But after tonight I was going to set him straight with the truth.
I ran to the bathroom to freshen up a bit, and back to my room to throw on something pretty but not to look like I was desperate. I went with my denim rolled up shorts, and my all black tee, with black flip flops. I threw on some gold jewelry just to make my plain outfit pop.
"Mama, Papi voy a la playa." I spoke with my keys in my hand as I opened the door.
"Ok  ¿Cuándo Volverás?" My mama spoke to me
"Seguro todavίa. Te amo aunque adiόs." I spoke before closing the door behind me.

 I remained in my car until I seen Rico's gray mustang pull up next to mine. He stepped out the car and I did the same. Damn that boy looked fine as usual. I missed his face. And his swagg was on point like always: gray shorts, with a blue and black striped polo, Magics snap back, and some all black forces.
"Hi." I spoke as I closed my car door.
"Hello Aaliyah. So do you wanna talk here or do you want to go to the beach and talk by the water?" He asked.
"We can walk along the beach but I really wanna let you know right now."
"Okay , let me know what?" Rico replied leaning against his Mustang
"What really happened that day..." I spoke stepping closer to him.
"I'm listening." He spoke staring at me. Although it was cloudy, his brown eyes sparkled and I could see he was hurting.
"Okay , I just want you to know I've NEVER EVER had any interest in James. And when you came in, he kissed me off guard. I just turned around and then he kissed me. I was going to beat his ass myself but you already came in. I want you to know I don't want anybody but you Rico. And these last 2 days has been torture with you not responding me. We just started a new relationship and already you're calling a quits based off an assumption. What did I tell you the other day in the car? I don't want nobody else...." I spoke on until Rico walked up to me, grabbed the back on my head and began to kiss me passionately.
"You like me again?" I spoke once our lips departed.
"I never stopped. All while I was trying not to think about you I thought about you even harder. I missed you princess. But I was so hurt by what I seen I didn't want nothing more to do with you. But once I seen I couldn't get you out my head no matter what I did, I knew it was something different about you." Rico responded smiling.
"So does this mean we're back together?" I asked now smiling.

"We were never over, I just needed time." Rico spoke wrapping his strong arms around my waist pulling me in for another kiss. I didn't resist. I had missed Rico's kisses. During our kiss I felt him move his hands down to my butt, which caused me to get a hot feeling. This boy better stop with his fine self, or we're going to wind up in some trouble.

"So I take it, everything went well with Jason?" I asked as we departed lips.

"Yeah,  he's going to live with Sonya until he finishes senior year; which he will be finishing at our school." Rico spoke still holding on to my waist.

"Oh that's what's up. I'm glad he got out."

"But princess, I got another job and I'm going to stop hustling. Well the illegal way. My new hustle will be cutting grass and landscaping. Shit like that." Rico spoke.

I smiled big, I was very happy to know that. "Oh Rico! I'm so proud of you. Where is your other job at?" I asked hugging him tight. His abs felt really good against me.

"I was going to surprise you but I work at Subway with you now." Rico spoke smiling.

That only made me smile harder I can't believe this boy will be working with me too. God just keeps on blessing me. "¿En serio? That's bueno baby."

"Yeah, and if it's okay with you I want you to meet my little sis Friday." Rico spoke.

"Okay that's cool with me baby."

"I'm happy to have you back in my life princess." Rico spoke kissing me again.

I was happy to have him back in my life too, and just like Rico adds sunshine to my days, the sun began to shine through the clouds, and I knew this was all part of God's plan. "Gracias Dios." I thought to myself as I looked up at the sun as I began to head towards the beach with my baby Rico.
mobile='yes'/>